Psychic attack happens when someone (a person or a Spirit) is so negatively focused on and obsessed with causing hurt and damage to you that they purposely or subconsciously send you strong negative energy that profoundly affects your quality of life, psychological and emotional state, relationships, mood, and even physical health in an extremely negative way.
While we ultimately have the power over our own minds, emotions and bodies, sometimes people or Spirits can still break through the barrier and influence us in a negative way. This happens in the physical world all the time, without any supernatural influence, in the form of brainwashing in cults, for example, or in domestic violence situations, where victims may not even be consciously aware of how much negative control others have gained over their own perceptions, thoughts, decisions, and state of mind. When it happens on a psychic level, when a person or Spirit negatively controls someone’s state of mind, emotions, and physical health, the psychic attacker is telepathically manipulating that person’s energy by sending them negative energy through negative thought transfer, and sometimes even with a spell, rather than through direct physical communication.
Here are some of the signs that you are being psychically attacked:
1. The very first sign of psychic attack is that you intuitively sense or just know that something is not right and that there is negative energy being sent to you. In my experience, most people are not in tune or confident enough in their psychic ability to trust their own intuition when it tells them something is not right, so they can be psychically attacked for a long time without really addressing it. Many times you will know or have an idea of who is psychically attacking you, because your intuition will be picking up on it.
2. You notice a definite increase in intrusive thoughts and emotions, especially if you don’t usually experience this. The intrusive thoughts and emotions are very negative, and are not based on any recent or current circumstances in your life. You have a hard time functioning in your daily life as a result of the intrusive thoughts. Your self-esteem and self-worth will be very low, as the intrusive thoughts directly attack your self-acceptance and self-love.
3. You just don’t feel like yourself. You are more down on yourself than normal and seemingly cant get out of a rut no matter how hard you try. You lack the motivation that you normally have, and have lost faith in your abilities. You may be more anxious, depressed, angry, and irritable than normal, as you are absorbing the negative energy of the thoughts and emotions of the psychic attacker(s).
4. You have repetitive nightmares where you are being attacked. Most of the time this type of dream is just symbolic of running away from fear and facing your fears, but if they are repetitive and vivid, have a recurring character, and often result in the Old Hag Syndrome or sleep paralysis, suspect psychic attack, either from a person, people, or a Spirit. If it is just a person, you most likely wont experience sleep paralysis or the Old Hag syndrome, the person or monster chasing you in your dream is just a representation that your Higher Self made of the person psychically attacking you.
5. You just can’t seem to get someone’s energy off of you, even if you have deleted them from your life, or they live far away and you have no contact. They pop into your head intrusively, and the negative things they’ve done and said to you keep repeating over and over in your mind, even when you put effort into trying to focus on other things. You know you really don’t care or never did care about them or what they did to you, but they still intrusively keep popping up in your mind. You still feel attacked by them even though the situation has passed. This can be a sign of someone being negatively obsessed with you. Sometimes it can just be in your head, but if your intuition is strong, you will usually be able to tell the difference. Once again, a big clue that it is a true psychic attack is if you know that this person doesn’t or didn’t really mean anything to you and you have moved on, but they all of a sudden or keep coming to mind anyway.
6. You have physical symptoms that you don’t normally have, such as sleep interruption, change in eating habits, change in sex drive, cravings, etc. If a Spirit has a strong enough connection with you to psychically attack you, they can influence your physical body as well (in extreme cases this would be considered a Spirit possession). The negative energy of a human psychic attacker can also be strong enough to bring about physical symptoms, the same way that your own negative energy of negative thoughts and feelings can make you physically ill.
7. You keep getting signs from Spirit warning you about something. Animal messengers like bees, hornets, foxes, snakes, wasps, spiders, etc. can be a strong warning sign from Spirit that something negative is around you or that someone is after you and causing you problems. These animal messengers also represent many other things, including many positive things, depending on the context, but often times they are bringing a warning.
While this isn’t a complete list of all the signs of psychic attack, I think it is a really good starting point. Keep in mind that just because you experience some of the things listed above, it doesn’t automatically mean that you are being psychically attacked. They can be signs of depression or other mental health issues.
I am currently working on a more thorough article about protection from psychic attack, but in the meantime, here are some brief suggestions:
Cutting energy cords, which you can find instructions for online (I will be adding this to my article on psychic protection), and grounding, instructions here. I see energy cords with everyone, it is a good idea to learn how to cut them (which I can do in a reading with an energy cleansing and balancing, but you can also search for instructions online). You can also learn more about cleansing and balancing your energy field here, in my article Spring Cleaning for Your Spirit.
Protection with Crystals. Black obsidian and black onyx are great for this, as well as amethyst, black tourmaline, tiger eye, jasper, etc., but make sure to keep your crystals energetically clean, which you can find more information about by searching online, or read about more in my article The Metaphysical Properties of Crystals, Gemstones, Metals, and Rocks.
Protection with spiritual artifacts, symbols, dreamcatchers, or Amulets, etc. Masks, crosses, pentagrams, etc. are all very powerful for protection. Keep them over entranceways and by the bedside, or over your bed with a dreamcatcher for protection in sleep.
Working on mindfulness. Work on erasing negative thinking patterns and feelings, and replacing them with positive affirmations. The person or spirit psychically attacking you wants you to think and feel bad on yourself. They basically want to destroy you, so you have to counter-balance that with healthy, happy thoughts. If you have a history of allowing negative thought to take over on a regular basis anyway, your psychic attackers will already have one up on you and will be able to take over your state of mind and emotions very easily, the same way that an abuser can sometimes more easily take over the mind of someone who has been abused before.
You may also like to read Signs From the Spirit World, Spring Cleaning for Your Spirit, Signs That You Have Already Known Someone in a Past Life, Things You Can Do To Develop Your Own Psychic Ability, What Does the Colour of Your Aura Say About You?, What is Grounding and Why it is Important, Five Signs You Are An Empath, Messages That Come Through During Readings, and A Spirit Animal Reading, also by Patricia.
Patricia is a clairvoyant psychic medium with over 20 years of reading experience. For more information about Patricia and her history as a psychic medium, please visit the About page. To book a Psychic Medium reading with Patricia, read testimonials, and see real examples of real readings, please visit the Booking a Reading page.
* for entertainment purposes only. Not to be substituted for professional medical, legal, health, psychological or other professional advice.
© rockymountainmedium.wordpress.com, 2016.